Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Humpity Hump Day

I dunno. What else can you say about Wednesday's?? Wacky Wednesday? Wild Wednesday? Today might actually end up being a "wet" Wednesday.

The granite place came out today and measured for the new bathroom countertops. I am SO stoked!! The bathroom will finally feel finished. It looked "ok" to everyone else but we had a vision in our heads and it just never seemed complete. Installation will take place a week from today. New countertops, new fixtures. Whoppee!! Next up: kitchen floor re-do and possibly, just possibly, a new kitchen set. We've had this set since before T was born. Actually, we bought it November 1993 and she was born July 1994.

I haven't seen my co-worker/partner-in-crime since before I left for Cabo so we've made plans to meet for bagels next week before playschool gets out so she won't have to drag Ella w/ her. Personally, I don't care. I love Ella and haven't seen her in a long time. She's such a cutie-patootie! So all my playschool teacher/friends will be finishing up the year. I hope y'all get some nice, thoughtful end of year momentos. We'll have to plan a swim party @ my pool soon!

Busy weekend w/ the girls coming up: Friday KJ has her end-of-year scout party and a friend's sleep-over. Saturday both girls will have softball games and Sunday KJ has a 2nd grade picnic (she's been in the Quest program since Kindergarten and in 3rd grade they will be assimilated w/ the rest of the school so this is an opportunity to meet other kids/parents). T has asked if she could have a bunch of girls over Saturday night (you know how it is: it's their last weekend as middle-schoolers!). Looks like T's jazz class will have a rehearsal on Sunday afternoon. The girls were sucking eggs last night. Not good w/ only a week to recital. It's ok for the little ones to mess up, it's cute. Not so cute when a bunch of 13, 14 & 15 year olds screw up. I asked KJ last night if her teacher mentioned anything about them having to practice this weekend and she said, "No. We don't suck." KJ. KJ. KJ.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved