Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rough morning

T & I just got home from a funeral of one of her friend's dads. I had never personally met the man and had only met his wife a few times but T wanted to show her support for the girls. T danced w/ the oldest sister on the middle school dance team and has been in a couple of school plays w/ the middle sister. KJ dances w/ the youngest sister. I kind of felt like an impostor since I didn't really know them but T wanted to go.

I can honestly say I have never been to a more beautiful, moving service in my entire life. The church was packed and the choir was incredible. It was truly a celebration of this man's life. There were 2 big screens set up and pictures flashed on each screen -- images of Mr. K as a kid, on his wedding day, graduating from college, w/ the girls, his airplane, etc. Friends and co-workers spoke and it sounded like he was a warm, fun-loving, wonderful man. They all had stories to tell and several commented on how much he loved his wife and 3 beautiful daughters.
Those poor girls and their mother. She can only be a year or two older than me. I just couldn't stop thinking about them...not having your dad around to teach you how to drive, not having your dad walk you down the aisle on your wedding day, not having your dad see his first grandchild for the first time. One of the nicest things said today was directed at the girls. A co-worker of their father's said, "one day a man is going to enter your life and he's going to remind you of your dad. That's the man you marry." I thought that was so sweet.

Yes, Chris drives me insane most of the time (and I'm sure he can say the same about me) but I can't even begin to imagine my life w/out him. When the girls were younger, they would get sooooo upset when he had to go on overnight business trips. It just about broke his heart whenever he had to leave.

Today was definitely one of those days that made me stop and think. I mean really think hard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am so sad for traci and her girls too. i just can't imagine. rick and i are such a team with this parenting thing that i would be lost without him and him with out me. anyway, i'm glad you went, that is so nice.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved