Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chandeliers

We are in the process of slooooowwwly re-doing T-bone's room. And when I say slowly what I really mean is I am dealing with budget and time constraints. We are aiming for a more sophisticated, chic, Parisian, black and white theme.

For Christmas I bought her some monogrammed pillow cases from Urban Outfitters, this beautiful black lace jewelry pedestal and a Paris-themed shower curtain. The other day I bought her some black towels to freshen up her bathroom and we framed a couple of black and white Eiffel Tower photos we found on line. Her bathroom is coming along nicely. I also found ceramic hooks for her to hang her necklaces. One has an Eiffel Tower scene on it, the other is the Arc de Triomphe.


I am now on the search for a chandelier to hang either over her bed or over her desk. And I'm becoming a little obsessed. The other day we were at the mall and for some reason I was noticing chandeliers as displays in various stores.

This chandelier has a Betsey Johnson kind of feel to it. I love it but it's too colorful for the look we're going for.

This is more what I'm going for but I think the scale is a bit off; too large. And I don't think I like all those rosettes. Too busy.
I thought about adding a dash of color in the room and this red Murano chandelier would be perfect. T wasn't so crazy about it.


This chandelier would have been PERFECT for the Zebra & Pink Spa party we did for KJ's 10th b-day back in October! I love it!
So, this is more like it. I like the scale and I like the shabby-chic kind of look and it's not too stark or dark. I love the dangly jet beads. So now I just need to find something like this within my budget. I love re-doing the girl's rooms. Both of them have very definate ideas and once we narrow a theme down, we totally go with it. T is very easy to buy for so that makes it even that much more fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you found my blog! I love yours!
The owls and tray are up and for sale! Go check em' out!
My love,
Rachel

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved