Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rhinestones & Lax....weird, huh???

Gray, rainy, dreary Saturday. Not much to do today. Hubby is in Baltimore at the Lacrosse Convention, Daughter #1 is at dance and Daughter #2 and friend are still sleeping.

So glad hubby went to "lax con" this year. It's something he's always talked about doing but just never had the time. We chatted for a bit this morning and he sounds so enthusiastic. He's been to a couple of coaches clinics, inspirational talks, etc. He also been "twittering" from the convention which has been pretty cool, I've enjoyed reading his "tweets" (or would that be I enjoy reading his "twits??").


I've started my Valentine's day decorating. I luv, luv, luv Valentine's day. It's probably my #2 favorite holiday. We'll have a busy Valentine's day weekend this year. T is participating in a Sweetheart Pageant this year on February 13 and the Sadie Hawkins dance at the high school is February 12. She still hasn't asked anyone. She's kind of un-decided about the whole thing...part of her wants to go, the other part doesn't. She hates all the drama that usually goes on with these types of events. The big thing these days isn't necessarily WHO you ask but it's HOW you ask (this applies for both boys and girls....there's a lot of pressure on these kids to come up with imaginative and creative ways to ask someone to Homecoming, Prom, Sadies, etc.). Remember my post a couple of days ago about the Mommy Mafia? Yup. It's alive and kicking here in Hoover. I've heard a couple of funny stories this week about Mom's who are waaaayyyy too involved in this stuff.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved