Thursday, January 14, 2010

ssshhh....can you hear the quiet?

(Started this post Thursday night , finishing up Friday!)

Hubby's at his first lax practice of the season, Daughter #2 is in the shower and Daughter #1 is at a concert so I'm enjoying a few minutes of quiet.


Daughter #1 is at a NeverShoutNever concert tonight at Workplay in downtown Birmingham (http://www.workplay.com/). Boy. That was a tough one. I am/was not at all thrilled about this concert but have to learn to let go a little bit. She was going to the show with friends, I drove them all there and then they were meeting more friends. One of the other girl's parents are driving them home so I feel a little bit better, I'd be a wreck if one of the girls was driving. Chris & I have been giving her speeches all week about staying together, not leaving the building, be aware of your surroundings, follow your instincts, etc. I'm always worried about one of my loved ones being the victim of senseless violence or something like that. I don't want to end up on the Nancy Grace show crying my eyes out. I trust T but let's face it. She's 15. I'm more worried about all the sickos and pyschos out there and I always think of that horrible club fire (somewhere up in New England). Great White (a BIG 80's hairband) was playing and lit off some pyrotechnics. The whole place went up in flames. I also think about the Who concert in Cincinnati way back in the 70's where everyone got trampled in a stampede. I'm not a negative person, I'm a realist. This stuff really does happen. Anyway, the girls got home last night around 10:30 PM and it sounds like they had a great time!

Came across this blog and wonderful Aveda give-a-way:
http://shopaholicinalabama.blogspot.com/2010/01/few-of-my-favorite-things-aveda.html
I love the Aveda Rosemary & Mint products....SO energizing in the morning! Aveda products are sooooo soothing and calming. Which reminds me! I think I need to schedule myself a little day at the spa!

Did anyone catch that beautiful young girl on the Today Show this morning? Christa Brelsford, a 25-year old student from Arizona State, arrived in Haiti in early January to volunteer with an adult literacy project. I have faithfully watched the Today Show for maybe 30 years and don't think I've ever seen an anchor get choked up and teary-eyed the way Matt Lauer did when he was interviewing this amazing young lady. She had the most wonderful smile and the most incredible attitude.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34876138/ns/today-today_people/

Not much planned for the weekend. Looking forward to the girls having off Monday for MLK. I'm sure KJ will bug me to have a friend(s) sleep-over Sunday night since there's no school. She was so funny last night. The two of us were enjoying our Zaxby's and she brought up the Miss America pageant. She is so excited to watch Miss Alabama participate in Las Vegas (I think the pageant is January 30, I'll have to double-check). Liz Cochran is our former Miss Hoover and a wonderful representative for the state. KJ thinks is so cool because they're "friends" on Facebook. http://www.missalabama.com/

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved