Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Stuff


I just added a "button" to my blog for one of my favorite new websites: HookedOnHouses. She's got some cool stuff on there -- celeb homes, famous homes from TV/movies, etc.

Still horribly cold here. This has got to be one of the the longest cold snaps in recent memory. Although the sun is shining, the temps are barely out of the teen's. I just can't seem to warm up and have a blankie or the heating pad near me at all times. Thankfully, Trixie likes to sit on my feet and she's been keeping me warm.

I've been reading Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" and can't put it down. Not sure what I'm going to read next. Always open to suggestions.

Hubby's happy, Jets won yesterday. He's such a good dad. His two favorite teams played each other yesterday (Jets vs. Bengals) but he drove T to a party way on the other side of town right smack in the middle of the game. He took KJ along for the ride and the two of them stopped at Yogurt Mountain for a little treat.

So far, I've spent most of 2010 cleaning. The attic has been totally cleaned out and all holiday decorations have been organized and stored. I cleaned out the arts & crafts closet the other day and KJ's linen closet in her bathroom (she has a horrible habit of grabbing whatever towel is handy and throwing everything else on the floor). Yesterday and today I cleaned out the "sneaky spot." Let me explain a little better. Other than bedroom closets, this house only has one hallway closet and it's upstairs. I'm used to having a coat closet right off the front door, maybe another coat closet off the garage entry, etc. When we looked at this house, I remember asking the listing agent where all the closets were. She looked at me and said, "Honey, this is Alabama. Most of us don't even own coats." Now, having lived here for over 10 years, I know she was full of crap. It gets cold in Alabama. A lot colder than people think. Yes, it's hot as hell in the summer and the fall is absolutely gorgeous here, but it does get very, very cold. So, our upstairs hallway is kind of useless because the only thing upstairs are the girls rooms. We turned that closet into what we call the arts & crafts closet -- it's mainly wrapping paper, bows, gift bags, the glue gun, ribbon, fabric paint, etc. Then, we have the "sneaky spot." Our house has a neat little room at the top of the stairs built into the eaves of the house. It has a parquet floor, electricity, a phone jack and built in shelves. When we bought the house, T said, "oooohhh, that's gonna be my hide-out. My sneaky spot." The name stuck. Over the years it's been many things, mostly a playroom of sorts for the girls. She used to go in there and hang out on her bean bag and read books. They used to keep all their Barbies in there, dress-up clothes, crayons and coloring books, play kitchen and play food, etc. Now that daughter #2 is almost out of that stage, I've turned the "sneaky spot" into my office but there was still alot of KJ's playthings in there. As of today, she is not allowed to step foot in there. I've organized all our photo albums on the built-in's, our favorite books, the fax machine, scrap booking supplies, etc. I've got baskets to hold scissors, glue sticks, stickers, etc. The girls each have their own rooms, Chris has the basement (I rarely go down there) and now I have my own SPACE. Chris built me a desktop/work space and I've hung pictures and a bulletin board of things that inspire me. Feel like we're starting 2010 on a good note!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI! It has been sooooo cold here too! I need to be cleaning my house right now. {hee hee} Hope your staying warm and having a great day! XOXO

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved