Thursday, May 5, 2011

Big Feet

Last night I took T shopping; tonight was KJ's turn and boy are my feet tired! I feel like I walked all over that mall last night. T has some parties coming up and needed some new things to wear and she also needed a suit for her interviews. She bought the cutest little suit in Belk and a great pair of white patent leather peep toe pumps to wear with it. She looked so professional and so grown up! She has such a great sense of style and it's been interesting watching her develop her own personal style over the years. She likes taking fashion risks and has never follwed the crowd. She doesn't like to dress like everyone else and stays away from big national chain stores. She luvs, luvs, luvs to shop in little out of the way boutiques as well as consignment shops and can really pull an outfit together. She knows her likes and dislikes and doesn't waiver when she shops and doesn't "settle" for something if she can't find exactly what she's looking for.

While Cosmo & T were at BamaLax try-outs tonight, I took KJ shopping for a 5th grade graduation outfit (let's not go there. I can NOT believe she's graduating from 5th grade! I've had a kid at that elementary school since 1999!). Fortunately, we both loved the first dress she tried on. She also bought super cute shoes in a size 7. Guess I won't be borrowing them anytime soon. She definitely has bigger feet than T did at this age. And, at the time, I thought T's feet were HUGE. T wore a pair of my beige kitten heels to her 5th grade graduation and I remember thinking she was doomed to having huge man-feet (she's kind of maxed out at an 8 - 8 1/2). Back then, I just couldn't believe my little 5th grader was wearing a size 5. Now, KJ's size 7 doesn't even phase me in the least. I have completely accepted the fact that both of my girls will be several inches taller than me and have bigger feet.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved