Sunday, August 26, 2012

Thelma & Louise and Vera

Had another great weekend!  One of those relaxing weekends where we didn't have too terribly much to do but still got a lot done. 

Friday night we had a movie night.  We had pizza and rented the Hunger Games.  I read all 3 books and liked the movie, too.  Saturday night we watched Thelma & Louise.  I am embarrassed to admit I had never, ever seen it! 


KJ had a vball tournament Saturday.  Actually, it was an 8th grade tournament and the 7th grade girls had to pitch in, take care of trash, keep the school clean, etc.  I helped out in the hospitality room and was at the school from 7:30 AM until about 3 PM.  KJ ended up going home with a friend after the tournament (shooting off BB guns) and then they came back to our house for a sleepover.  KJ's room was an absolute mess and her sweet friend helped her clean and organize.  I am SO over her bedroom and just don't have the energy to fight with her about it anymore. 

Cosmo made us breakfast this morning (and lunch and dinner!).  Honestly, if it was up to me, we'd eat cereal every night.  I absolutely, positively HATE to cook.  He also went grocery shopping this afternoon while I dismantled my beach-themed dining room table and foyer table and started my football theme.  It's still a work in progress but looks really great so far!

Spoke to T-bone a couple of times this weekend.  Friday she went to a party and the weather was kind of crappy in Oxford Saturday afternoon so she & a couple of girls walked to the Square and did some shopping.  From there they took the bus to Wal-mart and back.  She said she's barely used her car since move-in.  Today they had water parties which sounded interesting.  Some houses she felt extremely welcome, other gave off a different vibe.  Not bad, just different.  She's having a good time meeting people and really likes her classes so far.  It's all good!

I think it's time for her to start to think about a new Vera Bradley pattern.  LCM bought her a Java Blue bag for her 12th or 13th birthday.  She has a lot pieces -- large duffel, small duffel, ditty bag, etc.  I noticed at move-in her large duffel was getting a hole in the side and she said her ditty bag has a tear in the plastic liner.  Those bags have a lot of mileage on them and have taken her, literally, around the world. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved