Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It's Been a While


Had such a nice weekend in Nashville with KJ.  We (most of the team) sat in horrible traffic Saturday afternoon and the team had to forfeit their first match but then played great the rest of the day which put them in a good spot for Sunday.  Unfortunately, they didn't play great on Sunday and ended up in 4th place.  They played really great as a team and these girls are SO sweet.  No divas, no drama queens, the parents are all nice and supportive and KJ luvs, luv, luvs her coach.  We met up with friends from another team for dinner and had some nice, quality mother/daughter time. 

Travel volleyball season is winding down and then she'll be getting ready for 8th grade try-outs.  7th grade has flown by and I'm not complaining.  Middle school is tough and hit us like a ton of bricks.  Interestingly I'm not the only one to feel this way.  The other day I ran into the mom of a boy KJ has been friends with since Kindergarten and she said her son is driving her insane -- hormones, puberty, attitude, boy smells, etc. 

T-bone came home this weekend for the Dave Matthews concert so we were all together Friday night for a family dinner.  She had a GREAT time at the concert, caught up with some friends and even a couple of former teachers and she and The Boy tailgated with some friends from the hotel.  She left Hoovs super early Sunday morning to head back to Oxford for two lax games. 

Things are about to get really, really weird in the Cos household.  Got some cool stuff going on over the next couple of weeks/months.  Some things will be getting back to normal, some things will be changing.  A lot.  But it's all good.  Can't complain but we're all gearing up for a bumpy ride!   

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved