Saturday, December 8, 2007

"The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself." -- Anais Nin

Nice & quiet in the house right now. T is babysitting for the 2 little girls down the street and Chris & KJ are at a lacrosse clinic. KJ makes her reconciliation at 3:30 PM today so Chris has to have her home early enough to shower and get dressed. She should have fun today. Several of her friends are in her class: Joe L., Evvy (aka Evster), Maggie (aka Magster).

She was super duper cranky after school yesterday. She didn't want to get a haircut, she didn't want tacos for dinner, she was really whiny and got upset because I didn't have time to meander down the Christmas aisle at Bruno's (it's just candy and junky toys but to an 8 year old little girl I'm sure it's heaven). She got in the car and told me all I do is rush, rush, rush and I never have time for anything. Nothing like a little mommy-guilt to kick-off the weekend.

"I shall love you until death do us part andthen we shall be together for ever and ever."--Dylan Thomas

ME was here for a couple of nights while her parents went out of town. Barely knew she was here at all. She's practically part of the family and knows where every thing is. I think she even made her own breakfast this morning.

17 more days until Christmas . . . I started writing out my Christmas cards last night. I'm up to the S's. I love rec'ving Christmas cards in the mail and I especially like the ones with family photos in them. I love seeing how everyone has changed and grown up. Our old neighbors from MD (now live in KS), always do an AWESOME family newsletter and that is one of the highlights of our Christmas season. My girlfriend LCM usually does a creative card, too. Our old neighbors from OH went to Belize last year and their card was all 5 of them covered in the mud. At first, I thought it was a weird picture to send out for Christmas but when I really looked at it, they all had incredible smiles on their faces and looked like they were having so much fun. I put all of the Christmas pictures we rec'v in a little album on the coffee table so we can look at the photos all year round.

"There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." -- Edith Wharton

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved