Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!


Warm, humid weekend here in "Boringham." Yes, did anyone read this week's B'ham Financial Times (or whatever it's called). Birmingham is rated as the 46th least fun city in the country. Well shit. I could have told you that. We've lived here for 8 years and have always said other than shopping and eating out, there is NOTHING to do here. We've lived in NY, Annapolis/DC, Cincinnati and now here. I think I'm a pretty good judge of what's a "fun" city. Folks, B'ham ain't it. I'm not going to vent. I'm just gonna let it go. Breathe in. Breathe out. Deep cleansing breaths.


Last night KJ made her reconciliation at church. She wore her cute little new suit but it was very warm in the chapel and took the jacket off. So, she looked like she was wearing a tank top with a skirt. I don't even know why I bother. The priest did a very nice job of talking to the children and customizing the service to 7 and 8 year olds. KJ just about died when he started talking about listening to your parents, fighting with your brothers or sisters, bugging mom at the mall to buy you things, etc. You should have seen the look on her face! She was like: "Oh Snap!!! He's on to me!!" Seriously, she was sweating bullets before she had to go into the confessional. She got really pale and her cheeks turned bright red. Her little friend, Maggie, was sitting behind her and I saw Maggie lean over and say some words of encouragement and give KJ the thumbs up symbol. It was very sweet.

After refreshments in the fellowship hall, we stayed for 5 PM mass. I know!!! 2 weeks in a row for me and the church is still standing!!! I'm on a roll baby!!! Anyway, we sat w/ friends and afterwards we all went out for Mexican. I love the Iguana Grill on Lorna Road. It's beautifully decorated and the mango margaritas hit the spot!

So because we attended church last night and her little class didn't have Sunday school today we all got to sleep in. I was very wound up last night and read for a long, long time in the guest room. I woke up this morning thinking it was around 8 or 9 AM. No. It was 11!!!! I couldn't believe Chris & T let me sleep that long (KJ spent the night w/ the Evvster). I love our new guest room. It's like my own private little 5 star hotel room. I have the whole bed to myself, it's very quiet and the sun doesn't come in that side of the house too early. I love the sheets and comforter set, too.

I'm almost done w/ my Christmas shopping. I have nothing bought for my parents or my mother-in-law. The girls are totally done. I think I'll have some last minute "little" gifts that always seem to pop-up (i.e., dance teachers, Sunday school teachers, grab-bag gift here, dirty santa gift there, etc.). I need to wrap some things (although I took total advantage of stores that offered complimentary gift wrapping). I still need to finish Christmas cards and I have 2 packages I need to ship out. Overall, I'm in pretty good shape!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved