Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back in Bama
















11;30 PM Wednesday nite, safe & sound, back in Bama. Our flight tonite arrived back in ATL almost 25 minutes early however the line for customs was unreal. Then, on top of everything else, they make you go back thru ANOTHER security line even though we were not making a connection. It was ridiculous. Then we had to go all the way to luggage claim to pick up our suitcases. While I was there I filed a claim w/ Delta. Not only did they have my luggage for 3 days, the luggage was totally and completely distroyed...the wheels were torn off and the zipper was totally torn off so all of my stuff was coming out the bottom of the suitcase when you stood it upright to drag it. Delta gave me an entirely new piece of luggage right there on the spot, $100 in Delta vouchers and I'll finish up the claim once I go thru my luggage to see if anything fell out or was stolen while it was in Delta's possession. Then, we hadn't had any lunch or dinner so we stopped on I-20 on the way home for a bite to eat.

Seriously, despite not having clean underwear or any clothing options, I had a wonderful trip. The weather was incredible. No humidity, just clear sunshine. The hotel was truly spectacular. I have never stayed at a hotel right on the beach. I mean RIGHT ON THE BEACH. I've stayed at many a beachfront hotel but I kid you not. This hotel was RIGHT ON THE BEACH. We slept every night w/ the sliding glass door open so we could hear the waves.

When we arrived on Sunday the hotel sent up a bottle of red wine and a cheese platter. A couple of minutes we also rec'd a bucket of Coronas and some chips and pico de gallo. Sunday night Chris's company had a fiesta style buffet in the courtyard. To kick things off, they had a lady giving out shots of tequila in itty bitty clay mugs you wore around your neck on a string as you walked into the courtyard. Monday Chris & I walked around downtown and the marina, had lunch at Cabo Wabo and took the glass bottom boat out to El Arco. Lots of whales (it's the coolest thing ... you'll just see big spouts of water shoot up in the air), lots of fish, and a couple of sea lions. I didn't have a bathing suit so we didn't think I'd be able to go to the dolphin swim. We showed up anyway and when I explained the lost luggage situation, the lady said, "so, wear a wet suit." Now, I had a choice to make. Don't swim w/ the dolphins and miss the experience of a lifetime or go commando in the wetsuit. I put on the wet suit and swam w/ the dolphins. It was awesome and I'm so glad I did it! That night we had dinner on the beach and the company had made arrangements for fireworks. Too cool. Tuesday we were scheduled to go whale watching but Chris had some work to do for that night's award ceremony (and, honestly, we saw hundreds of whales each day from our room). So, we just hung out at the pool and beach. I bought a little sundress in the gift shop and wore that since I still didn't have my bathing suit. We had lunch and took an awesome nap. My luggage arrived around 3:30 PM, I grabbed my bathing suit and was finally able to jump in one of the 7 infinity pools. Tuesday was the big awards ceremony and they announced next year's destination . . . The Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas. Sweet!
Chris's company spares no expense...Sunday night we rec'd hoodies in our room, Monday night was $100 Am Ex gift card and last night was a wooden gift box. Breakfast each morning in a cool restaurant built into the rocks, boxed lunches everday to take on your excursions, the hospitalilty suite was open all day w/ sodas, bottled water, fruit, cookies, granola bars, etc. Awesome dinners each night.
We didn't encounter many spring breakers on this trip but we did see something really, really messed up on the marina .... this young girl was so wasted the paramedics were actually moving her to the ambulance in a wheelbarrow. She had vomit in her hair and they were trying to get an IV in her. She must have been on a cruise or something because they kept trying to tell her she has to snap out of it or they won't let her back on the boat. I've over-indulged myself a few times but I'm pretty sure no one has had to wheel my ass around in a wheel barrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

isn't it the worst coming home? once we leave the grounds, i'm just ready to be in my own house! it never fails, something happens and it just seems to take soooo long. i'm so glad you had a wonderful trip, it sounds fabulous! we are so over due for an incentive trip, i think we're in the wrong industry, maybe like 20 years too late. lol. oh well. we did have 4 awesome trips several years ago, at least i can return to my memories of them. lol

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Can you feel my envy? Loads of fun and without me!!!! JK, I am so glad you had fun, you guys deserved it!!!!! You are already missed at playschool, I didn't even work on the same day but can feel the void ;(..... Seriously a wheelbarrow..........Come on!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved