Thursday, March 6, 2008

Miscellaneous Thursday




Wow! What a beautiful day it turned out to be! The sun was shining bright all day; I'll bet my Tues/Thurs friends were happy!

Busy day -- T was inducted into the National Junior Beta Club this morning at her middle school and there was a nice little reception in the cafeteria afterwards.

I got my haircut this morning and then met Chris for lunch (which we haven't done in a long, long time!).

We're all over the place tonight. Chris has 2 games tonight vs. Spain Park (JV & Varsity are both playing). KJ has a practice softball game and I have a parent meeting at the Freshmen Center (counselors have been talking to the kids all week about classes for next year, etc.). T is babysitting for the 2 little girls down the street.

Tomorrow evening my folks should arrive, I have my mani & pedi in the afternoon and Saturday will be spent at the ball fields (KJ has a softball game and Chris has a lax game in the evening). Like I've always said, nothing but fun & games in our household.

P.S. The GD crawfish is STILL alive!!!

"But words are things, and a small drop of ink,Falling like dew, upon a thought, producesThat which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think." -- George Gordon Byron

"Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it forgoes revenge, and dares forgive an injury." -- E.H. Chapin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Love the pictures. I didn't even recognize the girls with T. I asked Kate who they were. They are all looking so old. I told Kate that she should be in the beta club, there is no reason she shouldn't be. There is one class and 2pts in the class that kept her from it. Oh well. Let me know how your spa day goes! I need to make a hair apt.

Valerie said...

Remind me to tell you a really obnoxious story about another mom who marched up to me at the Beta Club induction and wanted to know if I "was disappointed in T for not making the National Honor Society." Disappointed?? In T???? Are you kidding me? It was so inappropriate.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved