Wednesday, March 5, 2008

JuJu, Stanley, Gregory Hines & Fred Astaire


It did turn out to be a nice day weather wise. The sun is shining and it's nice and cool. Busy day @ play-school today. Our little friend, JuJu (Jeries) returned to class today after being in Jordan for almost 4 months. Considering how long he's been gone and the fact that he left after only a couple of weeks after starting playschool in the fall, he did remarkably well today. He actually did better than a couple of our kids today. Everyone was really cranky, sleepy and whiny (trust me, Spring Break can't get here fast enough). JuJu's parents are super sweet and very thoughtful. They brought back gifts for me, Margaret and Tricia. They gave each of us a wooden plaque engraved w/ the image to the left and a very pretty desk calendar from Jordan (I need to do a little bit more research and I'll let you know exactly what this structure is and what it's purpose was -- I'm thinking a temple; I do know this was in the last Indiana Jones movie, the one w/ Sean Connery where he's looking for the chalice). I believe the structure is called (the) Petra.
So, it appears that KJ's Flat Stanley has made his way to Aunt Laurie & Uncle Joe's house in South Carolina. KJ rec'd a packet of postcards and photos at school today; looks like Stanley is enjoying his stay. Joe & Laurie live so far north in South Carolina that a section of their neighborhood is actually in North Carolina. KJ said they are tracking their Stanley's on a map and her teacher put half of Stanley's body on North Carolina and half of his body on South Carolina. I'm thinking Stanley might be on his way to cousin Brittany at FSU.
On to KJ's Expo project . . . she came home today w/ a 2nd place ribbon! She was so excited! Chris picked her up at the bus stop this afternoon and the 2 of them tried to trick me. He walked in the door first and all I could hear him say was "it's OK honey. You'll do better next year." She was pretending to be upset and then she pulled the 2nd place ribbon from her back pocket and said, "Boo-Ya!!!"

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved