Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Major Backlash

Yesterday's irresponsible article in the B'ham news has caused such a backlash that the reporter who wrote the article, Mr. Stevens, personally called Chris last night to talk to him. Our parents really stepped up to the plate and inundated the B'ham news w/ e-mails and phone calls. Most of us were upset that our own hometown paper would concentrate on the one single negative event in a 2-day lacrosse tournament involving over 40 teams from several states in the southeast. Some parents were upset that the article (erroneously) listed the names of the 3 players who were ejected from the game making them prime targets for local referees in upcoming games. Mr. Stevens claims that his original article was more in-depth and it was the sports editor who entered the phrase "things turned ugly." Mr. Stevens also told Chris that he has been working on a feature story focusing in on our team. Wow. Can you say "CYA??" (Covering Your Ass???)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved