Friday, August 15, 2008

Band-Aids

Nice quiet day. Put some of my books on e-bay. It's time consuming but I'm glad when it's done. I like to see if I have any 'watchers' or any 'bidders.'

I stayed up late to watch the all-around women's gymnastics competition. I was hoping Shawn Johnson was going to win. She's got a bubbly little personality. I was a little annoyed that the woman who won changed into a pink bodysuit. She was born in Russia, her dad was on the Russian Olympic gymnastics team but she grew up here in the states. I understand that last night was an individual competition but you are still part of the United States Gymnastics team. That's who got you up on that podium. Not the Russians and pink bodysuits.

My stomach's been bothering me again; I really hope I don't have to go back to the gastoenterologist. Not my favorite doctor in the world. The nurse just called me back as I was typing this and put me back on the prescriptions I was on while I was in Europe. I felt great when we came back from our trip and didn't have problems for probably close to 8 weeks. So, between the prescriptions this week for T and now my prescriptions, my CVS bill this month is going to outrageous.

There' are few things more satisfying to me than standing in front of a pantry, a closet, a dresser drawer, what have you, w/ a big plastic garbage bag throwing stuff out. I cleaned out our linen closest today -- mainly the aspirin, expired cold medicine, old prescriptions, expired NyQuil (always makes me think of the Denis Leary skit where he talks about NyQuil -- Capital N, little y, BIG F*CKING Q!). I put all the bandaids in one spot ("someone" has a bad habit of tearing thru the bandaids when she's in a hurry and they end of all over the floor KJ), put the tweezers in some alcohol to clean off any tick residue, splinters, whatever.

Feel like I'm getting my house in order. Small steps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's all about baby steps. i was cleaning walls and baseboards the other day. love having a nice clean organized house. it doesn't happen very often.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved