Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama? Hardly

"I am easily satisfied with the very best." -- Winston Churchill



Last week T had her "drape" senior portraits with the photographer the school uses for yearbook photos. This week she had her first session with another local photographer as a senior rep and had SO much fun! I can't wait to see these photos! She had several outfits with her and also took her lacrosse uniform and equipment. She said Mrs. S showed her a couple of the photos and the lax session was intense. All-star season is winding down for everyone and she's got her last tournament of the summer coming up in Richmond, VA. The boys teams are heading to Hershey, PA this weekend and Cosmo had several boys attending the blue chip camp in Rhode Island (and a couple of them made the blue chip all-star games which is a HUGE deal!).



KJ's getting ready for "intermediate" school registration. All our paperwork is complete, just need to pay for everything. She's nervous / excited about lockers and changing clothes for PE. She's so unorganized, I'm anxious about how this is all going to pan out. I am totally expecting frantic phone calls from daughter #2 regarding forgotten PE clothes, missing math books, science projects, etc. She's a mess and she knows it. We've bought some fun accessories for her locker and she wants to start doing some clothes shopping.


So the other night a new "dating reality" show premiered on CMT. I've only ever watched the Bachelor (maybe it was the Bachelorette??) only once. We were on spring break and we had it on the TV while wee were getting ready to go to dinner. It was this most recent season with Emily and Brad. I don't think you're going to find true love on a reality show but I liked them both and wished they had been able to make it work. Anyway, I receive a lot of info at work from the convention & visitor's bureau and tourism councils. I've read a couple of press releases about this new show on CMT and one of them mentioned that the girl is from Tennessee but is a student in Tuscaloosa (I think they mentioned Cordova, TN; not sure if that's Memphis or Nashville). She's also a big beauty queen and was Tennessee's Miss Outstanding Teen when she was 16 and does a lot of modeling. She's a very, very beautiful young lady. Even though I don't like how the show perpetrates stupid stereotypes (red necks vs. city slickers), I will continue to watch the show because she comes across as very sweet and personable.

http://blog.al.com/entertainment-press-register/2011/07/sweet_home_alabama_starts_with.html

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved