Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chickadees

"There are things to confess that enrich the world, and things that need not be said." -- Joni Mitchell


Yay! Have all my chicks back home in the nest this week. Love having everyone back home. Even though they still run around to the pool, movies, friends, lacrosse practice, etc., it's nice knowing we're all sleeping under the same roof.


T had an excellent adventure in MD this past weekend. She really liked the girls from the Atlanta team, her flights were fine, hotel was great, games were good. It was all good. She said it was a very positive experience and she's glad she went. While they were in the airport they ran into an actor from the Get Smart movie and The Longest Yard movie. He's about 7'2" so he wasn't hard to miss.


While T was flying to MD, Cosmo was able to spend the day w/ his brother in Atlanta before heading up to SC for a tournament. The high school boys made it to the championship game but lost. Apparently there was some excitement in their semi-final game but they handled themselves well against one of the FL teams who got a little scrappy. As Cosmo said, his boys certainly did not start the fight but they definitely finished it.

Had a belated Father's Day with Cosmo this week since he spent his Father's Day on the lacrosse field with his BamaLax "children." While we were at dinner, the elderly couple seated next to us stopped me and told me that I had a beautiful family and it was so nice to see a family spending time together. It was so sweet and really made my night!

KJ's been painting her little heart out this week on a piece for T's b-day. She's doing an awesome job! She sketched it out on the canvas and has the background painted so far. Last night we had to stop at the arts & crafts store so she could get more paint of a certain color. She consulted with Cosmo about the next steps and will work on it some more tonight (she obviously gets her artistic abilities from Cosmo's side of the family). She's also been doing some experimental work with our cameras. She likes to set up the tripod and use the timer features (I didn't even know my camera had a timer). We've been calling her "Pippa" this summer. She's T's little errand girl . . . she texts for T while they're in the car so T won't be texting & driving, she helped T pick out an outfit the other night when she went to a concert with one of her guy friends, etc. Although they drive each other crazy, I think KJ is really going to miss T when she goes off to college.


Next couple of weeks will be quiet as we gear up for our beach trip. KJ goes to volleyball next week and T's 17th b-day is fast approaching. Really, really, really looking forward to getting away for a couple of days. We totally need to chill and vegetate.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved