Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 4th!

I love having a short work week!  Whoop!  Whoop!  We have no major plans which is good because the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate.  I've got some stuff I can do in the house if it rains and I've got some good books loaded up on my Nook. 

Have I mentioned how much I love having my T-bone home?  She ran stadiums today and then brought me some Zoe's for lunch.  I love the chicken roll-ups and their slaw.  And then T made a fabulous dinner.  We had grilled citrus salmon and she also drizzled some olive oil and lightly seasoned the grilled asparagus.  Tomorrow she's got steak and some kind of exploding, twice baked loaded potato planned for 4th of July. 
We had such an awesome weekend in New Orleans.  Just the two of us; it was a nice girls weekend get-away.  It was one of those totally last minute, on a whim kind of trips.  Friday morning I checked the Marriott discount for hotels in New Orleans and got a $59 rate at the Renaissance Arts which was very convenient to just about everything!  We took the cable car to the Garden District and had a great lunch at the Blind Pelican.  We walked around a bit, checked out one of the cemeteries  and went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.  We had 8:15 PM dinner reservations at the Red Fish Grill.  I am SO glad I went on line the night before to make the reservations.  Saturday night the wait was over two hours.  We walked in, they had our table ready for us and we were seated immediately.  We had some crab claws for appetizers, T had the fried catfish and crawfish and I had the citrus marinated amberjack on a bed of black beans topped with corn salsa.  Everything was delicious!!!

We walked down Bourbon street to meet my nephew Lou and his buddy Jeff but when we got to the bar, our friend Evan was waiting outside.  Lou and Even were standing right next to each other and had no idea who each other was.  We had such a fun night with the guys!  They took T under their wing and didn't let us pay for anything all night.  I also felt much safer walking around Bourbon Street with the guys.  It's so skanky and skeevy.  T was wearing a Happy Birthday sash and everyone on Bourbon Street fussed over her.  Everyone wished her a happy birthday, gave her beads, offered to buy her a drink, high-fived her or gave her a hug.  She even got her picture taken with 15 or so Marilyn Monroe look-alikes (a couple were Asian, a couple were black and I think there was one guy in the group too). 

Sunday morning we took the cable car down to the French market with the intentions of having beignets @ Café du Monde.  The line was over 200 people deep so we decided to have breakfast at a little place across the street.  We walked around Jackson Square, did some shopping, checked out some of the sidewalk art and headed back to hotel to check out.  It was just a nice relaxing quick weekend. 
Monday was T's 19th b-day and what better way to start your day than with a deep tissue massage at the Spa?  Yeah, that's how T-bone rolls.  It's tough to be T.  A bunch of friends came over that night and they grilled out down at the pool.  I would say T had a wonderful 19th Birthday! 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved