Sunday, February 9, 2014

Don't touch the hair

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."  ~ Martin Luther

Like most women, I have a love / hate relationship with my hair.  I have some good days, some not so good days.  Some days I'm intent on growing it long, other days I'd love to chop it all off.  I've gotten my hair cut twice so far since moving here and yesterday I brought KJ with me so she could get her eyebrows done.  Breaking in a new stylist is tough!  


I like the salon I've been going to but definitely miss the salon in Hoover I went to for the last 15 years.  I started going to Jeffrey when I was pregnant with KJ and my last appointment was August right before I moved here.  Jeffrey's place was beautiful and upscale but very friendly and welcoming at the same time.  The new salon is very swanky, very "oooontz."  Everyone looks like a supermodel, the staff wear all black and everyone wears skinny jeans (yes, even the guys).  I love the two haircuts I've had there but definitely miss the camaraderie I had w/ Jeffrey.  We knew a lot of the same people and had the same sense of humor so we always had something to talk about.  I rarely, if ever, told Jeffrey what I wanted to do with my hair.  I just let him do whatever he thought was best and was always happy with the results.  And I loved when he colored my hair.  It was always perfect!  


I had a lot cut off yesterday and went back to some bangs but for now, my hair is the longest it's ever been in my life and is much closer to my natural hair color than it's been in a long, long time.  


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved