Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Thankful

We had a lovely time at T and The Dewd's (my brother's nickname for Johnny Frat Boy) for Thanksgiving.  Very relaxing and low-key.  We all arrived Wednesday afternoon (and by "we" I mean us and KJ).  Wednesday night we made homemade pizza's and just chilled.  

There were 13 of us for Thanksgiving dinner.   T always does such a nice job with her turkey, her friend brought over a ham and there were plenty of sides to go around and one friend brought the makings for adult root beer floats.  

Coach and T had to go car shopping (again!) on Friday.  She was in a car accident a couple of weeks back and they originally thought her Jeep Cherokee was fixable but ending up totaling it a few days ago.  She ended up buying a 2021 Subaru Outback.  Which is ironic because 4 years ago almost to the day, she bought the Jeep when she totaled her Outback on the way to our big family Thanksgiving retreat in Gatlinburg, TN.  It's become their black Friday tradition to go car shopping. hahaha

Saturday the girls and I did some shopping at a pop-up market kind of place in Denver.  A bunch of different vendors and clothing trucks near a pub/brewery/food court type place.  T and I went last year too.  Both years the weather cooperated and we had a good time getting a jump on Christmas shopping.  The guys met us for BBQ and then we all headed to the Stars vs. Avalanche game.

It's never easy being a fan of the opposing team at an away game and Saturday night was a total ass-whooping but man!  The Avalanche's marketing department and music team positively killed it!  They had a fantastic pre-game show and played awesome music all game long.  The only bright part of the night was the fact that my favorite player tossed a warm-up puck to T in the stands (so now I have TWO warm-up pucks from Mr. Seguin!!!).  

Sunday we went out to brunch at Snooze (love the OMG French Toast!) and then headed over to the https://www.christkindlmarketdenver.com/ for some beer, mulled wine, pretzels, pierogies and polka dancing.  The Christmas lights were lovely and the weather was perfect to get us Californians in the mood for the holidays!




Coach and I flew out late Monday morning.  Our flight was uneventful -- the TSA  line at Denver was super quick, the Marriott shuttle bus was empty at LAX and the valet brought out car out before Coach had even finished settling up.  Usually that shuttle bus is packed and makes a bunch of stops.  We flew United to Denver and it's the last terminal at LAX so, bonus!  

Mississippi is expecting some very bad weather tonight so Coach changed KJ's flight to get her in earlier rather than driving in the thick of it.  She's already called and said she's home safe and sound.  Can't wait for her to get out here on the 18th!


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved