Thursday, August 23, 2007

Playschool Pool Party Day

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." -- G.K. Chesterton






Tile Guy & his wife were here bright & early this morning. Shower floor should be laid today and the rest of the bathroom floor. WOW. In just a few shorts days I'll be luxuriating in a new shower and tub. Which to do first? shower? bath? bath then shower?? decisions, decisions!

I've got a travel quote up there today because last night at dinner Kendall went around the table in a clockwise fashion and made each one of us tell her what our dream vacations are. First round Chris said Australia, I said Venice, Italy (because Australia was already taken), Taylor said Japan. Kendall said Oregon. Second round was sort of the same with Taylor saying Belgium & Switzerland for their chocolates. Kendall said Washington. Third round Chris said Alaska, I said Madrid, Taylor said South America. Kendall said Idaho. Chris convinced her to change the Idaho response to Hawaii. I think at one point in the game she even said New Jersey was one of her dream vacations? What are we talking here, Kendall? Hoboken? Newark?? When we got home from dinner she sat down w/ a map of the US and circled all the states she's been in and made Chris & I make lists of all the places we've been. So for today's blog I tried to find pictures representative of each of our dream vacations. The best I could do for Oregon was a picture of an alleged UFO hovering somewhere in Oregon.

Today I'm having my babies from my last year's playschool class come over to swim and have fun. The babies (I guess now I should be calling them toddlers) continued to get together each week all summer and Taylor babysits for a couple of them. Margaret & I had the most wonderful, sweetest children last year and they really spoiled it for us. We're afraid to start school in 2 weeks. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.

Bumpus Middle School has their first home games tonight. Go Bumpus! Go Bumpus! and KJ & I have cheer practice in 105 heat. It's all good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kendall is so sweet. are you going to the game tonight? i don't think we are. hmm. have fun at the pool.

Valerie said...

Chris & T will be at the game; KJ & I will be at her cheer practice. If u have nothing to do and want to swing by my pool, we'll be there around 10 AM.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved