Monday, December 29, 2008

Haven't Blogged in a While






Had a very nice couple of days w/ my family. Things are starting to wind down. Grammie & Pop are heading home Tuesday morning and Steve's family is starting out Wednesday morning so they can be home New Year's Day for the Penn State game. They made it here in one day but I don't think they'll do that on the way back. They've been talking about driving to the Chattanooga Aquarium from here. They've also talked about going to the McWane Center on Tuesday.

Saturday we opened presents when XXXXX, XXXXX and the kids got here and then we went to the zoo. What an incredible night. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and we had so much fun looking at all the lights. We tried to go to Davenports for pizza but the wait was over an hour long. The kids were so good at the zoo. We took 2 cars and prior to heading to the zoo Mom, Bethany and I went to the Smith's Variety in Downtown Homewood and we also hit the one in Mt. Brook. We had some time to spare so we walked thru the Botanical Gardens. Obviously the gardens weren't in full bloom but the Chinese gardens were pretty nice to walk around.

Sunday we all just kind of hung around in our jammies and played games and relaxed. There was football going on (freakin' Jets!) and I made a tray of ziti and a salad for dinner.

Today we had a 10 AM appointment at Sear's to have a big family portrait taken. Mom & Dad wore white shirts, my family wore black and XXXXX's all wore gray. Considering that there were 10 of us, the photo session went pretty quickly. Bethany had lots of buy-one/get-one coupons and Pop was able to use his old Sear's discount. I had the photo of my 2 girls cropped and turned into black & white. I also turned the photo of the 4 of us into a black and white. We did a photo of all 4 grandchildren, Grammie & Pop w/ the kids, all 10 of us, etc. On our way to lunch at the food court, we stopped at Build A Bear so XXXXXXX could make a bear (it's actually a kitty cat). After lunch the guys drove to Legion Field for the Pappa John's Bowl (Rutgers vs. NC State). XXXXXXX & her moth went home so XXXXXXX could take a nap. The rest of us went to see Desperaux. Very cute movie. My brother is craving Chipolte for dinner so we'll meet the guys when they start heading home.


Chris has agreed to let T have a big New Year's Eve party. God help me. She's swears she's gonna clean prior to and after her party. Yeah right.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved