Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tree has been Decorated,



boxes are put away. Yay! I just have to finish taking down my regular everyday china and put my Christmas china in the cabinet. I'm definitely decorating a little bit more "kid-friendly" this year taking into consideration my younger holiday visitors. The Fisher-Price nativity set is on the end table instead of the crystal nativity set and the cheap tacky ornaments are on the mid- to bottom levels of the tree.
Every year I buy the girls an ornament with the intent that they'll take the ornaments with them when they move out and start their own homes. Well, this year the tables were turned. After the tree was decorated, T handed me a Vera Bradley bag. She bought me one of the new Vera Bradley ornaments! I was so surprised and very, very touched. KJ, on the other hand, had a major freak-out. Apparently, when we were at the Summit a couple of weeks ago wandering around the Vera Bradley store, KJ pointed out the ornaments and said, "Mom would really like this." T said she would buy it when she went back the next day w/ friends and they could split the cost. KJ never gave T her half of the cost of the ornament so T just gave it to me from her. KJ got very, very upset and cried and said they were supposed to share it, it was all her idea, etc. Honestly, I thought the whole thing was very sweet. I don't like surprises at all but tonight I was truly surprised and happy that my girls thought of me so early in the season and on their own. I can't wait for them to go shopping together for mine and Chris's presents when they're older. I have many fond memories of me and my brother shopping together for my parents when I started to drive.










Still haven't taken a single Christmas photo for cards this year and not a single card has been written out. I still have some shopping to do, also. Nothing major. I never wander around the stores aimlessly, I always have a game plan and a list in hand.
KJ's having a little holiday gathering at our house Friday night. She wants some girls to sleep over, watch Christmas movies and have hot chocolate. Maybe a s'more or two.

1 comment:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Decorations look great!!!! Hey, can I come over for s'mores??? I make killer ones in the oven!!!!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved