Friday, December 26, 2008

Hope Everyone had a Wonderful Christmas




our's was very nice and relaxing. Not sure what time the girls got up but they let me sleep in. I think KJ finally woke me up around 8:30 - 9 AM. We told KJ the puppy was her Christmas gift (she willingly said she'd give up all her Christmas gifts if she could get a puppy) but she still somehow managed to get an iPod and an iHome from us, a Nintendo DS from Grammie & Pop. a Wii game and 2 games for the DS. T's "main" present was a digital camera and she also got a pair of black suede boots that she's been wanting. T also got an Alabama Houndstooth ball cap that she's had her eye for a year or 2 (holy cow was that hard to find! especially after the big win over Auburn! I had to find it on e-bay). T also got a pair of Brighton earrings that she picked out.
Last night Austin came over for a little while and we played a fun game called Apples to Apples. The dealer flips over a card w/ a description on it: Loyal. Sexy. Awesome. Micheanous, Boring. You have 7 cards in your hands and annonymously lay down a card that best meets that description (some of the cards we had included: Tom Hanks, Nuclear Power Plant, French Wine, Republicans, the Titanic, Trampoline, Toasted Marshmallows, Frank Lloyd Wright, The 70's, the Beatles, Gingko Tree, Rain). The dealer then chooses the card he thinks best matches the original card. It was really funny because if you didn't have a good card, you just had to wing it. For example, I turned over the card "sexy" and Chris put down Pirate. Voila. A pirate is always sexy. He won. We also watched the new Batman DVD.
So we are now anxiously awaiting my brother's arrival. They made great time and made the drive in one day. Not sure what time they actuallly left PA but they were in Cincinnati mid-morning. They went to the Kenwood Towne Center to stretch their legs and let the kids run around.
Chris & KJ spent the afternoon at the lax store (even though we weren't officially open, Chris still had a bunch of people stop by). They went to lunch at 5 Brothers and shopped at Brookwood mall.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved