Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bragging Rights

Didn't get to watch any of the game but Canada beat the USA in hockey today. I was at KJ's lax practice (yes, Cosmo & I got suckered into "helping" her little team in our "spare" time) and all the parents were rushing to get home or in the car because it was tied up at 2 and getting ready to go into overtime. Cosmo TiVo'd the game with the intentions of watching it when he got home from Memphis. He begged everyone on the bus not to tell him the outcome.

He seemed to have had a good weekend in Memphis. Both JV and Varsity won last night against Houston, TN but both JV and Varsity lost to Christian Bros today. Last week a bunch of boys were rapping on the bus and I was surprised at how good they were. He said last night the boys were in rare form on the bus. He said he wasn't really paying to exactly what they were saying but one of the seniors was rapping about him and kind of ended the rap with something like "and I kissed the coach's daughter."

KJ had a friend sleep over Saturday night and although we didn't make it to church Sunday morning I did manage to get everyone to Sunday school. I am not a morning person so this was quite an accomplishment for me. Today was an absolutely beautiful Sunday. Really gorgeous day and I was so happy to be outside. T had lax practice from 2 to 4 PM on one side of town, KJ had it from 3 to 5 PM on the other side of town. I know close to nothing about girls lax (I know so much more about the boys game) so I don't think I was much help to the Head Coach. I don't even own a stick (pretty sad considering my hubby owns the ONLY lacrosse store in the entire state of Alabama!). After only a few practices (I think we've had 3 so far but this is the first one I attended), the girls looked pretty good. It's a 5th and 6th grade team and some of the girls have never played before. KJ definitely has the stick skills but she doesn't have any speed.

I had such a wonderful weekend. Didn't do anything exciting or spectacular and in spite of being fairly busy, it was kind of relaxing. T had her "faux" Sadie Hawkins Friday night and we had such a nice chat before she went out w/ friends. Cosmo had taken KJ to her lax practice so it was just me and T in the house. No one to interrupt us. We had a really good heart to heart and all weekend I've been thinking about what a good kid she is. I am not a particularly religious person and definitely need to go to church more, but I do know when to sit back and count my blessings. She truly has her head squarely on her shoulders and I am so proud of her. Her friend Ronnie picked her up here at the house and they met the rest of their group at the Japanese steakhouse. The gang stopped here for photos on their way back to one of the girl's houses for a little get-together. Really, really nice group of kids. Very personable and very friendly. Two of the boys went to a different middle school and I don't them very well but they were very out-going and laughed and joked w/ Cosmo for a bit. T has known the one girl since elementary school (I think they were in Kindergarten or 1st grade together). My point is, right now, T seems to be making good choices. That all could change when she starts driving and has a little bit more freedom, but for right now, she's doing good and is right where she needs to be. Daughter #2 is a whole 'nother story. I ain't gonna lie. She's a handful. She knows it and I know it. And she knows that I know it.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved