Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vera, Vera, Vera!!!

So the other day we were chilling on the couch watching TV and the show "Say Yes to the Dress" came on. The show takes place at the legendary Kleinfeld store on West 20th Street http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/ and follows brides as they shop for a wedding gown. I like when I bride walks in and has a specific style of gown in her head but when she tries the gown on it doesn't really look right on her and the flamboyant fashion director swoops in, makes a few suggestions and saves the day! Yay!!

Seriously though. We were in the middle of the episode and KJ turns to me and said, "You do realize don't you that I plan to wear Vera Wang on my wedding day??" She's 10! Honestly, I had NO idea she even knew who Vera Wang was!!! She said, "you know, like in Bride War's."


She then proceeded to tell me all about her big ideas for her wedding day. She told me she plans to get married on the beach in Jamaica in her Vera Wang custom creation and then change into a less formal dress (designer unspecified at this time) for the reception and dance the night away under the palm trees. She and her hubby will hop onto a pair of beautiful horses and ride off into the sunset to a private location where they will walk into the ocean together (fully clothed hence the need for a second dress).


T-bone just looked at her and said, "Wow. Really?" T & I were pretty shocked KJ had put this much thought into her wedding day! I asked T if she ever thought about her wedding day or theme or gown and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Nah. Not really." Here's hoping Daughter #1 doesn't call us in the middle of the night in a drunken stupor and tell us she pulled a Brittney Spears and got married in Vegas in a t-shirt and jeans and flippy-floppy's. Or worse, like Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee (or like Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock)...in a white bikini. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE! I love it!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved