Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday we had a bit of snow so the kids were dismissed from school early (and the Sadie Hawkins dance was cancelled as well). KJ, of course, couldn't wait to get out there and play (we don't have a sled so KJ goes down our front hill ghetto style....with a cardboard box). That kid loves the snow. Cosmo really needs to take her out to our friends in Breckenridge, CO and get some skiing and snowboarding lessons. She stayed outside on Friday until it got dark and I had to call her in.

Saturday was a crazy day....Cosmo had lax practice in the morning and then met with some of the team dads to finalize some upcoming travel plans.

T had to be at the High School by 1:30 PM to start getting ready for the pageant. One of the other girls missed the rehearsal on Thursday night so T was asked to teach her the opening number. The pageant was really a lot of fun. KJ & I had a great time but I think Cosmo wanted to pluck his eyeballs out. It was very, very warm in the theater and he had a terrible headache (probably from having too many beers at lunch w/ the other lax dads). T did great! We were very, very proud of her. She really rocked the opening number (she had to wear jeans and a white t-shirt and she wore her cowboy boots to mix it up a bit) and she answered her interview question perfectly. They asked her about her favorite lacrosse moment and she said it was when her all-star team won the national championship in Tampa and how it was a great moment because they all worked so hard! I had a good time at the pageant because T was older and I didn't need to run to the back to help her get into her dress or help her with her hair/make-up. I don't think I would be a very good pageant mom if she was younger and I had to constantly help her.
Immediately after the pageant we rushed over to the 5th Annual Lax Auction and had such a good time! I look forward to this event every year and it's a nice chance to meet some of the new parents. We had a lot of really great donations this year....lots of local restaurant gift cards, some spa days, a couple of over night stays at Ross Bridge with breakfast for 2 the next morning, some golf clubs, some sports memorabilia, a digital photo frame, and an MP3 player just to name a few. I bid on and won a sock monkey for KJ (she LOVES sock monkeys and has slippers and a nightgown to match so it was a silly little gift). I also came home with a beautiful lemonade set...it's a ceramic blue pitcher, 4 tumblers, lemonade mix, lemon and white chocolate chip cookies and it's all on a pretty wooden tray. I also won a 7-piece ceramic popcorn bowl set and a candle set.

So it's Winter Olympics time! I thought the opening ceremonies were amazing. KD Lang was wonderful and I loved it when the guy came through the Olympic rings. My favorite part of the night, however, was when the whales swam across the stadium floor.

2 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

Ah...snow. And she looks BEA-utiful!!! I know you are very proud.

Screen Door Prep said...

Your daughter is beautiful. We also enjoyed the opening ceremonies, & the whales were our favorite part. =)

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved