Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl Recap

Yesterday T and Cosmo had lax practices at the same time so KJ and I went with them and did the track while they practiced. It was crazy cold out there but it felt good to have some fresh air on my face after being cooped up in the house for so long (due to the weather and the crud I had last week).

KJ had been bugging me to make Chex Muddy Buddies with her so on our way home from the field we stopped at the store for some SuperBowl snackage. We made the Muddy Buddies and holy cow are they good! I've only ever had them once before and had totally forgotten how delicious they are! I'm not a big peanut butter fan and I'm not a huge chocoholic (yet I do love me some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups) but dang those Muddy Buddies were addictive! We also made our usual game day chili dip and had shrimp cocktail. Cosmo had played in a men's game Saturday night and was pretty wiped out by the time he got home from Varsity practice Sunday afternoon so he participated in a pre-game nap on the couch. T was at Superbowl party with some friends.


I didn't think any of the Superbowl commercials were particularly outstanding this year. I did like the two Bud commercials that had Lost references and today I found myself saying "here we go" alot. Loved the Betty White Snickers commercial. A little surprised at the ending of that one, I honestly thought Abe Vigoda died years ago. I always love the little baby from the e-Trade commercials. I crack up when he calls the older man a "shank-a-pot-a-mus" and last night's commercials were pretty funny too.

As much as my girls & I luv, luv, luv Peyton Manning, I was totally rooting for the Saints and so happy to see them win! I've always loved New Orleans and was very glad to see that city finally have something to celebrate (plus, the fleur-de-lis is one of my favorite "symbols"). There were a couple of really outstanding plays but I think everyone's favorite imagine from last night was Drew Brees and his baby:

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved