Wednesday, May 11, 2011

End of Year Parties and Such


This time of year is always so busy with the school year winding down, spring sports coming to an end, school activities ending, etc. KJ's middle school lax team has one last game this weekend and we'll try to do the team party afterward. Auburn has started a youth program and their middle school girls want to play some Birmingham teams to gain experience. The girls were freaking out thinking they were playing Auburn the college team. I don't think they realize that Auburn is a town too, not just a college. T had her girls varsity lax party on Saturday, last night was the boys turn at a local Mexican restaurant. We had a good time as always but it was kind of comical how many parents asked Cosmo at the end of the night if he was planning to come back next year (I don't know if they were asking out of concern -- i.e., "Boy! I hope Coach comes back next year" or if it was more like "Boy! I hope Coach hangs up his cleats next year!"). They know it was a rough year and those close to us know he personally struggled with missing out on some of his daughter's events. The girls, however, are totally OK w/ him coaching and are so proud of him. They BEG him not to quit (unlike their mother). I've been asking him for months if he's planning to coach next year and still haven't gotten a straight answer out of him.



KJ's 5th grade graduation is coming up and this weekend T & I are attending a Buccanettes tea honoring the seniors. I've been to several "teas" since moving to the South . . . bridal teas, baby shower teas, pageant teas, etc. but have never actually been served a cup of tea at any of these events. Interesting. I think I'm going to buy a big ass hat and wear it to Sunday's tea to liven things up!

Time to take down my spring/earth/nature/French Flea Market/orinthology-themed tablescape and time to start thinking about my summer tablescape. Loved the table I did last year but always like to change things up a bit. While doing research I found some inspiration in an old post from "Between Naps on the Porch." My table last year had very similar elements: casual seagrass placemats, lots of shells, lots of candles, shabby-chic shell patterned plates, pacific blue accent plates, sea glass, lots of layers, blue cobalt rimmed Mexican bubble glassware (see May 23, 2010 blog post).






Guess I'll get my table up this weekend and do a little side-by-side photo comparison!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved