Tuesday, April 1, 2014

So Proud!!!

KJ had a vball scrimmage last night and although I've watched her play many, many times, I still am amazed every time I watch her play!  Listen, I know almost nothing about the game other than "hit it over the net" and "don't let it hit the floor."  The rotations are incredibly confusing to me and let's face it . . . this 5ft. mama didn't get much volleyball playing time in PE.

KJ has a helluva serve on her.  She's so incredibly consistent and smooth.  She's got a rocket arm and can always be counted on to put some points on the board.  This year she's setting and she's so, so good.  She plays the court well and knows right where she needs to be.  She doesn't get rattled when the pressure's on and goes hard.  If anything, she gets upset with some of her teammates to who don't put forth the effort.  She digs deep and isn't afraid to use her knee pads to slide across the court.

I love watching her play and can't help but smile and think back to those first few games at POP (2nd grade?  3rd grade?).  All the parents hooted and cheered like it was the gold medal round in the Olympics if the serve made it over the net.  We've come along way from those days!


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved