Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Here Come the Boom !

Had such a great day yesterday!  The weather was absolutely spectacular!  It was almost 95 degrees here with nothing but beautiful, blue, clear skies.
 
I had an appointment to pick-up my new contacts (prescription is still not right so I came home wearing my regular ol' glasses), got a pedicure, ran some errands, got a haircut, spent some time in Ulta, picked up a few things at Trader Joe's and bought a bottle of my new favorite wine at World Market (liquor laws are so weird here -- no beer or wine in grocery stores yet the World Market in Rockville carries wine.  The Trader Joe's a couple of doors down does not).

Last night KJ's travel vball team had their end of year party and celebrated w/ a Dads vs. Daughters game.  The dads were too funny and did all the cheers and A.C.E. things the girls do.  The moms visited with each other and it was very nice for me to chat and get to know some of the moms a little better.  As a matter of fact, a couple of the moms are going to a boot camp tomorrow night as a group.  Should be interesting!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day even though it was spent in the gym.  KJ had her very last volleyball tournament Sunday and did great as always.  She had to be on the court at 7:15 AM and the gym was almost an hour from our house.  Who does that?  Who schedules a volleyball tournament on Mother's Day?  KJ gave me two beautiful Alex and Ani bangles http://www.alexandani.com and T sent me an "I love you" charm necklace with my initial on a small disc.  My sweet Godson sent me a beautiful basket of flowers to brighten my day, too!

Nothing major planned for this weekend.  The pool guys opened up our pool today so I think we'll just hang around and do some yard work.  I need to wash all of my summer plastic table ware so we can dine al fresco.  We need to get our patio seat cushions out of storage and set what kind of condition they are in.  May have to buy new ones.


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved