Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Duper

Super Bowls are usually overrated, horribly boring games.  I have to say, last night's game was much, much better than I had anticipated.  Yes, we still hate Tom Brady in our house.  That's never going to change but honestly, the Pats played smart and deserved the win.  I can NOT believe the Seahawks didn't just hand it off and run it in.  What in the Hell was Pete Carroll thinking???

I honestly did not watch one single commercial so I can't comment on any of those but I did think Katy Perry's half-time show was great!  I'm not a big Katy Perry fan (I don't think she's that great of a singer.  Entertainer, yes.  Singer, not so much) but I was pleasantly surprised and think she'd be great to see in concert (I remember a couple of years ago T saw her at the Schaeffer Eye Center Crawfish Boil in B'ham and said she was fun).  I loved her costumes and thought the first one was a little Hunger Games-ish but when she came in on that Tiger??  Wow!  And that gown she wore as she floated over the stadium???  Amaze-balls!  Looked straight out of Miss America!  I was most looking forward to Lenny Kravitz and was terribly disappointed in his playing time.  IMHO, Lenny Kravitz is a rock God and could have handled the half-time show on his own.  The biggest, best surprise to me was Missy Elliott.  She looked great, sounded great and totally stole the show.
http://kfor.com/2015/02/01/missy-elliot-steals-super-bowl-halftime-show-from-katy-perry/   While Perry did a great job when she was on stage solor, she looked like an awkward white sorority girl trying to keep up with Elliott during their shared stage time. And I hated the whole hair flinging thing with Kravitz.

KJ said her favorite half-time show wasn't Katy Perry or Beyonce but Madonna from 2012:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmqiP3OXC74

Meanwhile, Coach said this particularly year (1991???) was his own personal favorite:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSJ8T2wlISo




No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved