Thursday, May 27, 2010

Coming Attractions


KJ & I saw "Shrek Forever" last night. Funny, funny movie. Also saw some great coming attractions (the best part of going to the movies in my opinion!). "Despicable Me" looks cute, there's also an animated movie w/ Will Farrell as the villain (I didn't catch the name) but Tina Fey is also in it. The "Toy Story" movie looks great, too! "Marmaduke" looks terrible. "Avatar, The Last Airbender" looks kind of cool and has a kick-ass soundtrack. I'd like to see the "Killers" with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigel and "Get Him to the Greek" with Russell Brand and Jonah Hill.

I think "Sex & The City 2" is out today (tomorrow???). I have absolutely ZERO desire to see it. I luv, luv, luv'd the show when it was on HBO, hated and I do mean HATED the movie. Thought they totally ruined the franchise. As a matter of fact, last night when KJ & I got home, SATC was on and I caught the last 45 minutes of it. Yup. Just confirmed my theory. They ruined a great thing. I thought Jennifer Hudson's role was stupid and boring and totally unnecessary and I hate what they've made Kim Cattrell's character out to be. There's nothing worse than someone who refuses to grow old gracefully (Samantha turned 50 at the end of the first movie). So, no. I will not be going to any midnight showings wearing my Manolo's sipping on Cosmos.

KJ & I had dentist appointments today and then I had my yearly exam. I love my OB/GYN and can't believe I've been going to him for the last 11 years. He always asks about Champ, always asks about the girls. That's one of the things I dread about moving . . . having to find all new doctors, dentists, etc. Had to have some blood work done today; I have a tendency to get anemic. I've been taking my vitamins and an additional iron pill fairly regularly the last couple of months though.
T leaves for UDA camp on Tuesday so this weekend will be spent helping her get packed and picking-up any last minute things she may need. Monday night she has a final Bnettes practice before camp and the parents get to see the routines they've been working on. I know they do a dance to Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson. T said they wear a vest and a tie (I can't remember if she said anything about a hat) and boy-short unitard w/ fishnets.

Today Cosmo booked flights for the girls. T is attending the PSU lax camp and is crazy pumped about it! I"m a little nervous about them flying solo but I think they will do fine. T is totally dreading the month of June.....she said it's going to go soooooo slow for her. She can't wait for her driver's license. We've been discussing vehicle options for her and I don't think we're going to rush out and buy her a car. I think Cosmo will get a company car so we'd like to trade his in before buying anything for her. I've told her repeatedly she can have my car and I'll get new but she said she'd rather have nothing. So......

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved