Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet 16 and Graduations

Another one of those crazy kind of nights. Walked in the door and turned around and drove T to Devon's. She was invited to his sister's boyfriend's graduation party at the country club (between 16th b-day parties and grad parties, I think this is the 3rd or 4th time she's been to the club the last two months). Next week she will be joining Devon's family as they celebrate his sister's high school graduation at a restaurant. Not sure if they have enough tickets for her to attend the actual ceremony or not. His mom is very sweet and absolutely adores T. She's already told her she plans to go to Ttown and watch T at UDA camp this summer.

B-days in this house are always a big celebration and T's sweet 16 in July will be no exception. We've been throwing around a couple different ideas but have narrowed down the location, the budget, the color scheme and the guest list. Just need to finalize the menu.
I can not believe she's about to be 16. I can remember the day I found out I was pregnant with her and the day she was born was so special. Thursday night I was literally barefoot in the kitchen mopping the floor when my OB/GYN called the house and said, "hey kiddo! That's a big fat baby you've got there and we're just going to go ahead and schedule a C" (I had been been in that morning for a sonogram since she was almost two weeks late. Dr. Fein actually thought she was going to be over 11 lbs. She was born on a Friday (and we sat in 4th of July weekend traffic and were over a half hour late to my appointment). We were surrounded by our family and friends and my hospital room was basically a party all weekend. However, I think one of things that stands out in my mind the most about that day was that while we were celebrating, another family lost their baby that day. The nurses actually had to bring me to my hospital room a different route so that the other woman and her family wouldn't see me in all my huge pregnancy-ness (and I do mean huge). I remember getting a glimpse around the corridor and her hospital room was dark and her husband was sitting outside just bawling. I always wonder about them when T's b-day rolls around....did they ever have any children? We brought T home from the hospital on Monday, 4th of July and I watched fireworks from my hospital bed the night before.
So here's a photo of my big fat, 9 lbs. 10 oz, 22 1/2 inches long baby all growed up! Well, semi-grown up at least.

1 comment:

*Yankee Belle* said...

She is gorgeous! ANd i personally love 9lbs 10oz babies. =)

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved