Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mudder's Day!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! Cosmo and the girls brought me breakfast in bed and then I read (in bed) until noon. It was wonderful! KJ & I took Trixie for a lovely walk at Ross Bridge and washed both my car and the dog when we got home (Trixie really liked jumping in and out of the little creek). Cosmo had all-star practice late in the afternoon and we met him out for dinner and had strawberry shortcake back at the house for dessert.
I'm catching up on my TiVo and watching the Amazing Race finale. Good God I hope those 2 stupid models don't win it all. They are the epitome of ugly Americans and are an embarrassment. I luv, luv, luv the Cowboy brothers and think they played a great race.

T has been so incredibly busy we've barely had a chance to chat. She's had a couple of projects /research papers due and Friday was her lax team end of year party. They had a company come out and set up lazer tag, hamster wheels, Wii and X-Box. It was really a lot of fun. Each of the girls got a dog tag with their name and jersey number and a phrase that best describes them. T's said "The Intimidator." Very true. She plays the game hard and she plays the game the way it was meant to be played. Not everyone can play lax, it's not for wimps.

Saturday was Devon's sister's dance recital and afterward she went out to dinner with his family. I think last week (or maybe the week before??) was the Belles ceremony so we talked about our favorite dresses. We both agreed that our neighbor Callie had the prettiest dress. I luv, luv, luv'd the color palette she used. She's probably one of the smallest/shortest Belles but she had the biggest, fluffiest dress and it was extremely flattering. Our friend Kristy also had a very pretty dress, an ice blue to match her beautiful eyes and her dark hair and KJ said Mary Scott had the best hat. Some of the girl's dresses didn't seem to fit very well in the bodice area and the pastels weren't very flattering to their skin tone/hair color. I can't tell if one of the girls' dresses was poorly made or if it was the way she stood in every one of her photos, but she looked 9 months pregnant. It was very strange.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved