Sunday, May 30, 2010

More Mama Drama

I saw the ad for Bristol Palin's interview in Harper's but didn't get a chance to read it. Sounds like she's sending some mixed messages and the criticism has begun: http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/a/mean-betty-on-bristol-palin-glamamama.html

As for the fashion, the former first daughter of Alaska models gowns by Carolina Herrera, Lanvin, Isaac Mizrahi, and Michael Kors.
On being pregnant during the 2008 presidential campaign: “It’s not like we all sat down and were like, ‘Alright, here’s the birds and the bees.’ Truly, my parents just assumed that I wasn’t doing anything. And it was a shock for us all.”

“It was kind of humiliating. . .Great, I’m 17 years old, I’m 40 pounds overweight with a big belly on me, all my friends are at school watching this on the news. This kind of sucks.”

On taking responsibility as a working single mother (Bristol works as a medical assistant, serves as an ambassador for Candie’s foundation, and fully supports herself and her baby): “I’m on my own. I’m really proud of it. I’m a hard worker.” “I don’t have time for friends or anything like that. It’s just like, Right, crap, there is a hockey game tonight that I want to go to but I can’t. Or, I do have to go to work today, because I’ve got bills to pay.”

On dating: Bristol is not seeing anyone at the moment: “I’m in no rush. One day I’ll find a nice guy.”

On her son, Tripp: “I thought I would be somewhere warm at college with my friends, but that was definitely not possible with having Tripp. I love my baby more than anything. He’s like a Gerber baby. He’s the cutest baby in the whole world…I just want Tripp to be happy and healthy.”

Sarah Palin on her daughter, Bristol: “We’re very proud of her for taking responsibility. It’s not an easy road, but it’s the right road. Decisions were made, and we can’t unwind those decisions. Consequences are being dealt with. I’m sincerely proud of her.”

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved