Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stinky Cigars and Skin Care

Took KJ and a friend to the pool this afternoon after our pedicures (yes, I got my "go to" color....OPI's Cajun Shrimp). Unfortunately we had to leave the pool a little earlier than planned because a couple of dad's decided to smoke cigars. Ordinarily, that type of thing doesn't really bother me but tonight it was just giving me a really bad headache. Lots of frogs at the pool this evening. So funny to watch them hopping around and sometimes they jump in the pool.
Haven't really had a chance to chat with Cosmo but it sounds like the BamaLax teams are doing well in ATL. The girls & I went to the high school to watch the Spring Game and to take photos of the boys being recognized for their championship season. Holy cow. It was hot as hell sitting out there. The football team looked great and I love the black cotton uniforms the cheerleaders wore. They have lots of different uniforms but these cotton ones are my favorite. They look like they are made out of a really soft cotton and they look so much more comfortable than the scratchy polyster ones they have. They also wear really cute black ball caps with the "summer" uniforms.
Trying to clear up my TiVo so I have plenty of room for Sunday's Lost finale. Watching Oprah's show w/ Lisa Ling's sister (the one who entered North Korea illegally). Not sure how I feel about this one. Part of me thinks she knew what she was doing and would do anything to get her story (her older sister, Lisa, readily admitted that she had also entered North Korea illegally 4 years earlier under the guise of being part of a medical envoy). The other part of me feels bad for her. Another part of me gets irritated when I watch the footage of her release and feels it was a great photo op for Al Gore (he and Bill Clinton just irk me).
So the other day someone saw some photos of T & KJ and asked how old they are. I said that T was about to turn 16. They responded with "OMG, you don't look old enough to have a 16 year old." Well, I don't know about that but it sure did make me feel good. All I know is that I've been using the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector and the the Even Better Correcting Moisturizer and my skin has never looked better. The stuff's not cheap but it's definitely working. While I was pregnant (and for years after each of the girls were born) I had severe hyperpigmentation on my face (I guess that's why it's also called "pregnancy mask"). It was one of those things that everyone said didn't look bad or that they didn't really notice it but I noticed it and that's all that matters. I was horribly self-conscious about it. I had tried just about everything...including a series of very expensive micro-dermabrasion facials with skin lightening treatments and nothing really seemed to work. In addition to clearing up the brown spots, my skin also has a really good texture and firmness to it. Now, if i could just clear up the bags under my eyes . . . .

3 comments:

Sarah Cook said...

I love Cajun Shrimp! It's my go-to color too!

Anonymous said...

they have sand at the pool? I hate cigar smoke too! I am a cancer survivor and I have no problem asking them nicely to move

Valerie said...

no, no sand at the pool (except for the volleyball court); that pictures of my piggy toes was from spring break but my toes always have the same color polish on them year round

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved