Monday, October 15, 2012

Celebratory Recap

Whew!  Survived the Annual Cos Family Celebratory Triad -- 20th Anniversary, Cosmo's 45th b-day and KJ's 13th b-day.  One celebration right after another.  I don't mean to sound like I'm whining but it's tough.  I don't want to slight anyone or make them feel like their special day is less important but poor Cosmo always seems to get the shaft. 

Thursday night we made one of our favorite dinners, shrimp scampi, and had a nice night at home.  Cosmo had been traveling earlier in the week so he was very happy to just chill at home for our anniversary.  He sent me a gorgeous bouquet of deep, hot pink roses and my mom & dad also sent us a beautiful bouquet of cut flowers.

Friday was Cosmo's big day but KJ had a b-day party to go to that night.  We had him open up his presents the minute he walked in the door and I think I did good this year.  He is SO incredibly difficult to buy for.  Most wives can buy their husband clothes or gifts relative to their special interests or hobbies (hunting, fishing, sports stuff).  Well, Cosmo wears logo golf shirts for work and he owns his own lacrosse store.  Kind of makes it hard to buy him gifts.  We bought him two folding stadium seats for Vaught-Hemingway and KJ picked out a fleece jacket for him. 

We had KJ open her gifts a day early because we knew her actual b-day was going to be a bit crazy.  Cosmo bought her an Ole Miss jersey to wear on Saturdays and a bunch of shirts from the Polo Outlet (she's always stealing T's).  He loves to buy the girls gifts and I'm happy to let him!  He also bought her an iHome thingy and as a special treat from him, he bought her a sweet, sweet Sidney Crosby jersey.  She lost her mind!!!

So, after we dropped her off at the party we went to dinner, just the two of us.  That hasn't happened in a long, long time.  Very nice to catch up with each other and have some adult conversation.  After dinner we picked KJ up from the party and called it a night.  Aahhh....the middle school years.  I remember those days vividly with Taylor.  All we did was drop off and pick-up at some clubhouse or house party.  The parents would be all lined up outside and it looked like the after-school car pool line.  A couple of years later its KJ's turn and nothing has changed. 

Saturday AM Cosmo participated in the Trashcan Lax Tournament.  Smaller teams, no goalie, you just had to get the ball in the trashcan.  It was for all ages and it sounds like everyone had a good time.  It's important to change things up so the kids don't get bored doing the same ol' thing.

While Cosmo was playing, KJ & I had a morning of beauty.  I had about 6 inches cut off and had my hair colored and KJ got a hair cut too.  I offered her a mani and/or pedi or her eyebrows waxed but she declined.  After our hair appointments we went to Hobby Lobby to buy some decorations for her b-day party.  We had lunch out and also stopped at GiGi's Cupcakes. 

She had 10 or so girls spend the night.  Cosmo made a fire and they had hot dogs and s'mores and slept in the tent.  The were very giggly and very loud and around 2 AM and I had to tell them to go to knock it off and go to sleep.  My neighbors are probably not very happy with me.  Every dog in the neighborhood was barking. 

Sunday I woke up with a migraine from hell and could barely move off the couch.  I took my Imitrex, took a nap but nothing really helped.  Went to bed miserable but woke up this morning feeling good.  It rained during the night and the barometric pressure wrecks havoc with my head. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved