Monday, October 29, 2012

Sunday

Saw this on Pinterest yesterday and made me think about how much I enjoy my Sunday's!
Sunday is always a relaxed, easy-going day in our house. Always has been, always will be. For the most part we don't have anything going on.  Once in a while Coach will have a BamaLax practice or KJ might have a vball tournament but Sunday's are very chill in our house.  Coach always makes a big Sunday breakfast or gets bagels, we have a nice family dinner and just prepare for the upcoming week . . . review our family calendar, get some laundry done, etc. 

I also like to do some "maintenance" on Sunday's.  I deep condition my hair, tweeze my eyebrows, exfoliate and put a masque on my face, etc.  Although I love to try to new products, my skin-care routine is pretty basic:  cleanse, tone, moisturize.  I don't wear heavy make-up, I'm not a sun-worshipper (my moisturizer has an SPF to it and I always, always, always wear a hat when I'm outside), I drink tons of water and I stay away from greasy/fried foods.  And, I don't try any wild or crazy treatments (i.e., bird poop or placenta facials).  I think the most radical thing I've ever done to my face is the series of microdermabrasion treatments I had after KJ was born.  My hyper-pigmentation was at it's absolute worst and showed no signs of improving.  Even though everyone told me it would fade, I was horribly self-conscience about it.  I had it when I was pregnant with T and it seemed even worse when I was pregnant w/ KJ.  Cosmo bought me 5 or 6 microdermabrasion facials and after each treatment the aesthetician also used a lightening cream on my face and that did wonders.  Other than my bout w/ melasma, I have pretty decent skin.  I guess I inherited it from my folks == at 65 and 66 respectively, my mom & dad don't have any wrinkles and don't look their age.  My dad says it's our good Polish skin. 

1 comment:

Christine Rosko said...

Hey! I nominated you for the liebster/versatile blogger award!
~Christine
http://xadayinthelifex.blogspot.com/2012/10/im-winner.html

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved