Friday, October 5, 2012

TGIF & Bracing Myself

So happy it's Friday!  It's been a long week for some reason and I have been very, very tired (like, in bed by 10 PM every night).  KJ had vball Monday and Wednesday and tonight and tomorrow are Metro finals.  Vball has been great, the season is fairly quick, all the games are indoors so you don't have to worry about weather, bugs, packing a chair or a seat cushion, etc. 

Next week is crazy week in our house:  our 20th wedding anniversary, Cosmo's 45th b-day and KJ's 13th b-day.  3 days of fun and festivities in a row.  Saturday is the Trashcan Lax tournament which should be fun for the kids and Sunday KJ and I plan to walk in the Buddy Walk in honor of our little friend.  Right after that, she has try-outs for competitive/travel vball.  It never ends.

Rumor has it they've been doing random drug testing at the middle school this week.  Breaks my heart to hear that.  Seriously.  These kids are 12 and 13 years old.  Because of her October b-day KJ's actually one of the older kids, most of these 7th graders won't turn 13 until the winter or spring.  At 12 and 13 years old I didn't know anyone who did drugs.  In high school, yes, I knew kids who smoked weed but they weren't athletes and that was as hard core as it got.  We didn't know anyone who did "hard" drugs and when we were kids, no one was on ADD/ADHD medicine either.  And, if someone was smoking weed or drinking, there wasn't Twitter or FB to post photos. Definitely a different, scarier world. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally talking about > "TGIF & Bracing Myself" < Loved it!
my website - Fifty Shades of Grey

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved