Saturday, October 27, 2012

No Bloggy Long Time

Didn't realize how long it's been since I've blogged last.  Been a busy couple of days as always.  Yesterday was very, very warm -- in the low 80's.  I had the a/c on last night because it was so hot in the house.  Today is freezing and I've got socks and a sweatshirt on.  And I luv, luv, luv it!  Got all the windows open and luv the fresh Fall air!

Got the Ole Miss vs. Arkansas game on while I blog.  Looks bright and sunny in AR.  Cosmo will probably build a fire tonight and put the TV on the deck so we can snuggle while we watch the Alabama vs. MS game.  I know my MS friends are SO incredibly excited about their season, but some one's got to lose tonight and I"m pretty sure it's not going to be Alabama.  Just sayin'. 

Last week T surprised us with a weekend visit.  Actually, I had known for weeks that she was planning to come home, I just didn't tell Cosmo or KJ.  Cosmo had been traveling and had tried to make plans to have dinner w/ T on Thursday in Oxford.  She had lax practice and a date party that night so their visit was going to be short.  He ended up sitting in Memphis traffic and got to campus really late.  She had to leave the restaurant to get ready for her evening and he was mad as hell because he thought she had blown him off.  Meanwhile, I knew all along that she was planning to drive home w/ N on Friday.  So, she walked in the door Friday afternoon and scared the heck out of KJ.  I told Cosmo to meet me and KJ at a Mexican place for dinner on his way home from Memphis and after we were seated, T walked in the door and walked right to the table.  It could have worked out better.  Cosmo was in mid-sentence and saw her walk in.  His expression was priceless! 

We had a wonderful family breakfast Saturday morning and they went to the pumpkin patch Saturday afternoon.  We've been going to the same pumpkin patch since KJ's first birthday.  T went out with friends Friday and Saturday and N picked her up Sunday afternoon.  T said she slept the entire way home.  It was a quick visit but it was nice to have her home for a bit.  She's still loving her classes, loves her lax team and loves her sorority stuff.  This week they went to the Boys & Girls Club and decorated pumpkins with the kids.  She likes the date parties and swaps but is SO glad she's got all 8 AM classes.  She said those 8 AM classes force her to go home earlier than everyone else and not party to all hours of the night.  I, of course, have encouraged her to take 8 AM classes all 4 years @ Ole Miss.  tee hee

One of Cosmo's lax buddy's works for ESPNU and mentioned that he'll be in Oxford on Wednesday filming so Cosmo gave him T's # if he need anything.  T ended up being part of a segment for ESPNU that should air this week.  She had a blast and got to work with Devin from CMT's "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Southern Nights" reality shows.  Devin is a Phi Mu currently attending Alabama (I think she's originally from TN) and chose Adam over Tribble (from Mountain Brook) that first season.  She's absolutely beautiful and T said she was very nice.

Thursday I had fun at work as we were filming a video for a industry conference.  Each hotel is supposed to submit a music video based on "Call me Maybe."  It was an gorgeous day and we filmed all over the resort.  I don't enjoy being in front of the camera at all and did a lot of behind the scenes kind of stuff, however, there is some footage of me riding a bike in high heels.  Hope it doesn't end up going viral. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved