Sunday, October 7, 2012

End of the Season

So 7th grade vball is officially over.  Kind of sad, kind of glad!  Sad because KJ had a good time, glad because I feel like I may have my life back.  This was the first year she's been on an official school team and those daily practices just about killed me.  She adjusted fine, it was me who couldn't handle it!  Daily practices, juggling schoolwork, games twice a week and some weekend tournaments -- the season's short but intense nonetheless.

I missed KJ's 4:30 PM game on Friday afternoon but Cosmo was able to make it and said she played great!  They were tied up at 19, coach put her in and she closed out the game (hence her nickname, "The Closer").  I am always amazed when I watch KJ serve in those pressure-type situations.  She is the more emotional of my two girls but when she serves, she is cool as a cucumber.  Cosmo & I just look at each other like, "where is this coming from??"  He calls her his little biscuit launcher.  I really have no idea what the hell that means. 

She played at 8 AM on Saturday, lost those games and I think we were home by 9:30 AM.  Again, sad the season is over but it was very nice having the entire day to get some stuff done!  KJ ended up going to dinner and a movie with friends and today she made Halloween cupcakes. 

Yesterday's Ole Miss game vs. Texas A&M wasn't so great for T (or for football fans!).  T said it was pouring and freezing cold so they went to the Grove for a little bit but ended up watching the game from one of the houses.  She had her first Sorority date night last week.  The theme was Dynamic Duo's and she & N went as Cops & Robbers.  Today she & her roomie were spending the day in Memphis and picking up a friend from the airport late tonight.  Tomorrow Cosmo's nephew Travis is driving through Oxford on his way to the Memphis airport and they have plans to have lunch together. 

Need to brag on Cosmo for a minute.  He received his official notification from US Lacrosse . . . he's been invited to be a guest speaker at the 2013 National Convention!  SO incredibly proud of him!   Last year there were over 7,000 people in attendance; hope 2013 tops that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved