Friday, April 1, 2011

Tea & Books (and a little lacrosse thrown in for good measure)

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." ~ C.S. Lewis

I don't think there's a quote out there that better describes me or applies to me than this quote from C.S. Lewis. I love nothing more than to curl up with a good book (and a hot cup of darjeeling). I like to read in the car on long trips, in bed right before I fall asleep, on an airplane, on the beach, sitting in carpool line. Doesn't matter. Books are portable and meant to be read when you have a few free moments. Everyone has different hobbies and interests and reading is definitely my #1 interest. I can read just about anything -- chick lit, historical, romance, horror, mystery, sci fi, biographies. You name it, I read it. I'm always on the look out for a good book and usually keep a list in my purse so if someone mentions the name of a book, I can jot it down and have it handy. Do you remember those old commercials . . . "a mind is a terrible thing to waste?" I couldn't agree more. One of my biggest pet peeves are uneducated, uniformed people. In today's day & age, there is no reason to be uniformed or uninterested in the world as it unfolds around you. The Internet is at your fingertips, cable TV, e-readers, public libraries have incredible resources these days. There is no reason to be ignorant!


On the lacrosse front, T had a rough game Wednesday night vs. Ramsay High School. Ramsay beat us in a close game this past weekend at the DALC (I think it was 10 to 8) and we lost again 14-12 on the turf at the high school. T still managed to have 2 goals but she was definately "off." Not one of her best games. She was upset, Coach was upset and even little sister was upset. Mama doesn't usually get too upset. I think I get more upset over the boys than I do T's games for some reason. Last night the boys lost to Vestavia 13 to 9 (which is actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be). The boys were behind for the most of the game and started to make a bit of a comeback in the second half. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this is definately a "rebuilding" year for the boys. Having only 1 Senior is killing us and, although there are several seasoned Juniors on the team, we really need one or two boys to step up and be a leader on the field. I think that's one of the key components missing this year. We don't have that one player, that BFrench or JSly or some of the other boys through the years, to take command on the field.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved