Monday, August 22, 2011

My Peeps

Someone asked me the other day why I don't normally refer to my family members by their real names on my blog. The answer: they've ALWAYS had nicknames, no need to start calling them by their given names now.


The hubster has been "Cosmo" since we met way back in 1982. He's "Coach" during the lacrosse season or when I refer to him as it relates to lacrosse (which is about 99.9% of the time). He's "Champ" when he wins state championships (3x!) or when I'm incredibly proud of him (also approximately 99.9% of the time).

Daughter #1 has been "T" or "Tbone" since she was a (T)oddler. There was a time when she referred to herself as "TT" (it was just the 3 of us back then and she would point to me, then Cosmo and then herself and say "Mamma, Dadda, TT." It was kind of like our own little triumvirate.). Then we moved down south. We discovered people down here used the phrase "tee-tee" alot so we quickly put the kabosh on that and tried to discourage it. Folks just didn't understand when we called her "TT" and thought we were being crass and referring to the bathroom.



Then, Daughter #2 came along. Aforementioned Daughter #1 wanted to call her "Julia" from the very moment we sat her down and told her I was pregnant. Seriously. I was a minute or two pregnant and she said, "It's a sister and I'm going to call her Julia." We had no idea if it was a boy or a girl and we have NO idea where she got the name Julia (nor was I crazy about the it). But, we thought it would be sweet if the older sibling helped name her little sister. So we compromised and voila! "KJ!"

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved