Monday, August 15, 2011

Whoop! Whoop!!

First day of school and it sounds like everyone had a great day! KJ said she had no problems opening her locker, lunch was fine, PE was fine, it was all good. She said she knew alot of kids in all of her classes and met some new kids. I'm so glad!

The weather today was absolutely amazing! A little cooler this morning, no humidity and there was a nice breeze. Kind of felt like fall; a little football weather in the air today. Which segues nicely into my next topic: football!

Yesterday was Fan Day at the mall. The football players, the cheerleaders, the pep band and the bnettes were there to kick off the 2011 football season. It was very crowded which is a good thing! The players signed posters and I'm sure it was a little awkard for them being on display but the little kids really look up to them. I stood off to the side w/ KJ while she got some of the boys to sign her poster and they were all very gracious and humble and most of them said, "thank you for coming out today, Go Bucs!" A couple of the boys knew who she was and called her "Little Cos" which aggravates the crap out of her. I think it's cute.

T got another "official" letter in today's mail from a school in OH. The coach saw her play in FL and is interested in getting her up there for a visit. She sent T a very nice letter about how she didn't grow up in a lacrosse "hotbed" and she knows how difficult it is for kids from non-traditional areas to get noticed. We'll have to do a little investigating on this one, not sure if they have her major. But hey! It's all good! We so incredibly proud of her and so happy that she has several options for college. As my brother reminded me, she's the first one on both sides of the family that's ever been recruited for a sport and that's a pretty damn great accomplishment! Not too many kids can say that! I'm also proud that she's paving the way for the next generation. Maybe things will be a little easier for Alabama lacrosse girls (and boys) in a few years. She amazes me. She's our little engine that could. When that girl puts her mind to something, there is no stopping her. She is so focused and determined. I'm 40(something) years old and am no where near as focused as she is!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved