Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lazy, Rainy Saturday

KJ had volleyball game(s) earlier this morning. Although they only won 1 of their 4 games, the girls played much, much better than last week. Serving has improved and KJ even got in a couple of "digs" (just trying to learn the lingo).

After the game we ran some errands had a family lunch at Moe's. We went to Best Buy to look for a new camera and then went to Michael's to buy clay and paint for KJ's starfish project. Don't ask me how but we dropped over $100 in Michael's on Halloween decorations and other miscellaneous crapola. Just doing our part to help out the economy.

Took T out this afternoon to practice driving. She's doing great and I think I'm a good teacher. I'm very relaxed with her (I'm sure she'll tell you otherwise). We found a bunch of cones at the Met so she practiced parallel parking a couple of times. At the freshman center she practiced parking next to a SmartCar a bunch of times. I'm going to have a hard time with this whole "driving thing." I have a worry-wart for a mother so I come by it naturally. Last night was the first night we've ever let her get in the car with another teenage driver. Sarah's boyfriend Stephen picked her up and took them to the football game and I was a wreck the whole night. To make matters worse we had horrible weather last night . Stephen's got a hot little car, too. I don't know what it is but KJ calls it the "Ferrari." T's a July b-day so she's much, much younger than a lot of her classmates. All the September and October kids are starting to get their licenses and cars.

Tomorrow is the first day of Sunday school at church. We all know Kendall and I are NOT morning people so this should be interesting.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved