Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Survey


"Please, another list?" Yes. Another list. I luv, luv luv hearing this kind of stuff from friends.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both (depends on the gift and if it's easy to wrap)

2. Real tree or Artificial? prefer real, but we've had an artificial tree for years

3. When do you put up the tree? no specific date, whenever it gets done!

4. When do you take the tree down? usually after New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog? in very small doses

6. Favorite gift received as a child? anything Barbie! I loved Barbie!

7. Hardest person to buy for? my dad

8. Easiest person to buy for? T-bone

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail -- e-mailing a Christmas card is just tacky

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm going to take the 5th on this one

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I kind of shop throughout the year but kick it into high gear early November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm going to take the 5th on this one

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my mom makes really great peanut butter cookies

16. Lights on the tree? we have colored lights but I would much rather have all white lights

17. Favorite Christmas song? Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? usually travel but will be staying home this year
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yup

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? we usually let the kids open up one small gift on Christmas Eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the "gimmies"
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? well, I guess my decorating is all over the place: I have a Santa corner in the foyer, the kitchen is Snowmen and this year I've tried to decorate the tree with a red & white peppermint candy theme. We also have a tall skinny tree in the foyer filled with ornaments from our travels. Oh! and candles! I decorate with lots and lots of candles!

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? we usually do a spiral ham and we HAVE to have crescent rolls!

25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? spend quality time with Chris & the girls

26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? I always liked going to Bear Mountain at the holidays when I was little. They used to have ski jumping, ice skating, a visit with Santa, etc.

27. Favorite tradition now? staying in on Christmas day and staying in our pj's all day long playing with our Christmas loot

28. Favorite Christmas Memory? see post titled "Christmas with the Kranks" /div>




No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved