Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

So it's late Sunday morning and the sun is shining! Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day and today is supposed to be just as nice if not better.

KJ is not feeling very well today, she has a bad cough and a bit of a sore throat. Cosmo & T-bone are out of town at a lax tournament this weekend so KJ slept w/ me last night. She slept well and didn't toss and turn as much as she normally does. She does, however, have a horrible habit of talking in her sleep. She's always done it and last night was no exception.

KJ & I have enjoyed our girls only weekend so far....yesterday we had a big family breakfast before Cosmo & T headed up to Greenville, SC. KJ & I went shopping and bought her some new spring clothes that she desperately needed. I also bought some things at Belk and then we met a friend in Homewood for the chili cook-off. We didn't get to stay very long but the weather was awesome, the band was great and the chili I tested rocked! After the chili cook-off we had some friends over for game night, wings and fondue.

The boys lax team is in Greenville, SC for the weekend and T went along for the ride since she didn't have any games this weekend. Last night JV played 2 games and varsity lost to Ponte Vedre, FL. I spoke to Cosmo this morning and he said it was a very, very competitive game. He said Ponte Vedre was the best team they've ever played. I think the final score was 10-5. Today they are playing Greenville, SC. The three coaches got together last night and committed to play the next two years...next year in Jacksonville, FL and the following year in Alabama. Kind of a "battle of the South" thing.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved