Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nooks, Frackin' and Jank

My two favorite words right now are "frackin'" and "jank." Frackin' is the equivilant of freakin' and friggin' and I plan to use it alot in 2011. I'm not really sure what jank means but I sure do like saying it. You can also use "janky" and "janked" (i.e., "OMG! That is just so janky!" or "if she keeps using a passy at 4 years old, her teeth are going to be janked.").

Cosmo & The Girls gave me a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas to put toward the purchase of a Nook or toward some books. I had been on the fence for a while about an e-Reader and did some research on both the Kindle and the Nook. Last night KJ, Cosmo & I went to Barnes & Noble and got a demo on the Nook. And ended up walking out of there w/ the Color Nook. It is too frackin' cool. I haven't bought any books yet but I have been searching for titles and adding them to my wish list.
Last night was the season premiere of Toddlers & Tiaras. Holy cow what a hot mess.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/toddlers-tiaras-makenzie-and-her-ni-ni-steal-the-spotlight.html This little girl, Makenzie, is totally and completely, absolutely, positively out of control. And I love every minute of it. She is a train wreck waiting to happen and I can't look away. This kid is 4 going on 44. She has the thickest, heaviest Southern accent I have ever heard and has an adorable raspy, smoky voice. She sounds like a 3-pack a day smoker. And in the middle of all her melt-downs, her mother remains pretty frackin' calm. She's either on horse tranquilizers or some heavy-duty quaaludes. The other little girl they featured, Danielle, is going to have some serious insecurity issues when she gets older. She must have mentioned how pretty or beautiful she was at least 10 to 15 times. If genetics are a factor, she's going to be in for major disappointments in life. Her mom was gigantic. This is also the 8-year old girl who said she is going to trash her hotel room if she doesn't win and also carried on about another child "stealing her spotlight." Sheesh

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved